What Can We Expect For the Post-Pandemic School Year?
It may seem a bit early to some, but more than ever, we already see anxiety about the upcoming school year come up in therapy sessions. This upcoming school year will be different, that’s for sure, and everyone will deal with it in a different way. Based on what we see happening in both our clients and our own kids, we talk about the patterns we’re already seeing and expect to see during the school year ahead.
The uncertainty kids have dealt with during the pandemic, the social interaction they’ve missed, the maturing they’ve gone through. All of it will have an impact on how our kids will go into the new school year. In today’s episode, we talk about our predictions and how parents can help their kids if they’re having a hard time. But let’s also not forget how exciting it is for our kids to go back to school and how resilient they have been during the pandemic.
Of course, being parents ourselves, we also don’t forget about the changes and anxiety parents will possibly encounter.
“Even when the world was shut down, our kids still grew”
– Sarah Lewis
More about Virginia Family Therapy
Virginia Family Therapy is a mental health practice serving individuals, families, and our community. VFT is designed to help people at all stages and from all walks of life by offering therapists and physicians with diverse backgrounds and specialties via face-to-face, walk-and-talk, and telemedicine appointments. Throughout, we are committed to developing strengths-based, authentic, and long-lasting relationships with you and your children. We hope to provide you with the support and insight you need to help your family navigate life’s hard times and joys.
Contact us here
In this episode, we cover
- Anxiety about going back to school;
- The uncertainty kids have gone through during the pandemic;
- How the social interactions our kids have missed the past year will impact them when going back to school;
- How, for older kids, the past year has influenced their sexual development;
- In what ways kids have grown the past year and how we expect that to positively impact future interactions;
- And so much more.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode
- Are you or your kid dealing with anxiety and would you like to discuss it with a professional? We have a team of psychologists and psychiatrists who can help you out. Don’t hesitate to contact us here.
- If you haven’t listened to our previous episode about whether adults should drink in front of there kids, have a listen here.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Disclaimer: Please remember we are real live therapists, however this is a podcast and is not considered a therapy session. Not only because there is no co-pay but also because we can’t speak to your individual experiences. We are here to help you keep raising healthy kids. And remember, if you are an imperfect parent, we are right there with you. If you or someone you love is in immediate danger, please call your local crisis hotline or go to your nearest emergency room.